Montessori 101: By A Montessori Mom

Young boy squatting on the sidewalk with a blue bucket
Photo by Marie Mack 

"Our care of the child should be governed, not by the desire to make him learn things, but by the endeavor always to keep burning within him that light which is called intelligence."--Maria Montessori

When I tell people that I use Montessori with my children, I get some pretty weird looks. I imagine they are worried about what my kids are eating, their well-being, or our religious background. I get questions like, "Is that a country in Europe?" Or they use a change-the-subject question, "Isn't this weather wonderful?" For anyone that might have an idea about the Montessori Method reply... Keep reading at my NEW blog! 

How to Give a Montessori Three Period Lesson for ages Three and Up
Photo by Lisa Nolan


Young son sitting on a blue rug with pegs and a peg card for counting up to five
Photo by Marie Mack 

Young tot sitting on a blue rug and grabbing a bottle to "open and close"
Photo by Marie Mack

 ~Marie Mack

My greatest reward in blogging is knowing I might help someone find the answers to their questions. This post was originally published in February 2013 and it has been helpful for many new Montessori families I have had the privilege to talk with. ~Marie 

******
Linking up with Montessori Monday